IMPORTANT NOTICE: The call for special sessions will take place on May 1st, 2023!
Welcome to HIC!
The Ministry of Water Resources (MWR) of People’s Republic of China and China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research (IWHR) are pleased to invite the international Hydroinformatics community to the 15th International Conference on Hydroinformatics – HIC 2022, held in Beijing, China, on 27 – 31 May 2024.
Hydroinformatics is defined as the study of the flow of information and the generation of knowledge related to the dynamics of water in the real world, through the integration of modelling, information technologies and artificial intelligence considering sustainability and social implications for decision support and smart management of water-based systems.
International Conference on Hydroinformatics (HIC) has a long tradition, dating back to 1994 for its first edition. The next 15th HIC 2024 will celebrate its 30th anniversary and the development of a vivid Hydroinformatics community.
· May 1, 2023 Call for special sessions
· September 1, 2023 Call for abstracts
· September 15, 2023 Special Session Proposals submission deadline
· December 15, 2023 Abstract submission deadline
· March 1, 2024 Full Papers submission deadline
· April 1, 2024 Notification on the peer-review results
· April 7, 2024 Early-bird registration deadline
· April 8, 2024 Revised Full papers submission deadline
· May 17, 2024 Late registration deadline
· May 27-31, 2024 Conference
Call for Special Sessions
The technical program of HIC 2024 will include special sessions on new or emerging topics related to Hydroinformatics. Each special session will consist of 5-6oral presentations. The special session proposal should contain the following information.
· A title for the special session, the names and contact information of the organizers;
· A brief description of the session (up to one page);
· Brief biographies of the session organizer(s) and their contact details;
· 5-6 tentative papers with title, authors and short abstract.
Special session proposals will be evaluated immediately upon submission based on the timeliness of the topic, its uniqueness, and qualifications of the proposers. Accepted special sessions will be listed on the HIC 2024 website. To avoid multiple special sessions covering similar topics, it is likely that an accepted proposal will be combined with similar proposals. Organizers should not contribute more than one paper for the special session.
Call for special sessions: May 1, 2023
Special Session Proposals submission deadline: September 15, 2023
Notification of acceptance of the proposal: immediately upon submission
The papers should be formatted following the Author’s kit instructions. They should be submitted through the regular submission system and will undergo the same peer-review process as regular papers.
Proponents of special sessions are invited to submit their proposals in pdf attached to an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject line: ‘Special Session Proposal’.
We are looking forward to your proposals!
Call for abstracts & papers
The next 15th HIC event provides an ideal forum for the presentation of new advances and research results in the Hydroinformatic field; thus, it is a great opportunity for water professionals, academics, researchers, managers, industrial participants and students to share their research findings and knowledge. We encourage all interested parties to join the conference and submit their original, high-quality research.
HIC 2024 is intended for:
· Academics and scholars working in the field of hydroinformatics and related subjects;
· Business leaders and practitioners from the water field and hydroinformatic solutions;
· Policy makers and government officials, international institutions and regulatory agencies operating in water sector.
List of main topics
· Technologies for water management and monitoring
· Big-data, knowledge, and water data management
· Emerging solutions in modelling methods (AI, high performance computing, cloud computing).
· Digital transformation of urban water systems
· Hydraulic and hydrological modeling
· Climate change impacts
· Environmental and coastal hydroinformatics
· Complex water systems, remote sensing and control
· COVID-19 pandemic reflected in hydroinformatics
· Water – Energy – Food nexus
· Innovation in education and training in hydroinformatics
Parallel session & poster session submissions
Authors wishing to make paper presentations during the various sessions must submit an abstract that briefly describes the topic to be presented. Poster presentations are also encouraged for a dedicated Poster Session. In either case, abstracts are subject to the same evaluation procedures, general guidelines and topics applied to papers.
All abstracts must include overview, methodology, results and conclusions, conforming to the structure outlined in the abstract template. Abstracts are limited to no more than 450 words.
Regardless of whether a poster or a paper presentation is requested by authors, it is the Conference Organizers’ discretion to decide whether an abstract will be part of the Concurrent or Poster Sessions.
Call for papers: September 1, 2023
Abstract submission deadline: December 15, 2023
Full Papers submission deadline: March 1, 2024
Notification on the peer-review results: April 1, 2024
Revised Full papers submission deadline: April 8, 2024
We are looking forward to your submissions!
Visit the official website of HIC2024 to learn more:
Contact person: Jenny Lu
Address: A-1 Fuxing Road, Haidian District, Beiiing China
Tel: +86 10 68781345